Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about you, which means information that can uniquely identify you from various sources, such as when you register for an account, perform certain property searches, engage in transactions or otherwise access certain features or content on our website.
The personal information that we may collect about you may include, without limitation, your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, employer credentials, password, demographic information, payment and financial details such as payment card number, expiration date, authentication code, billing address and bank account number, and other information that you provide Work IN Roads by email, mail or telephone.
Our systems, and the systems of partners we use to fulfill our services for you, may also use automated means, such as cookies, to collect information about you, your computer or other device used to access our services. Cookies are used to both gather the automated data mentioned above and sometimes to provide a means of managing your experience during your visit (ensuring you are logged in and receiving the content appropriate to you). Cookies are electronic information or devices that uniquely identify your browser and may be used to connect your activity while using our services with other information that we store about you in your account profile or your prior interactions. Some of the types of automatically collected information may include: network or Internet protocol address and type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon or AT&T) and domains used by such providers, device settings, browser settings, the web pages of the services you have visited, sites visited before and after you use our services, the type of handheld or mobile device used to view the content (e.g., iOS, Android), location information, and the content or advertisements you have seen and/or clicked.
For more information about how cookies are used for advertising purposes, see https://www.youronlinechoices.com. And, to learn more about managing how and whether cookies are used while you are on the web, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
Use of Collected Information
The information we collect is used to:
- Process applications and fulfill requests;
- Maintain a record of your purchases, transactions and other activities while using our services;
- Provide customer support;
- Improve the content of our website;
- Communicate with our users;
- Announce relevant products and services;
- Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services in accordance with your selected preferences;
- Screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our website (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns);
- Communicate Work IN Roads updates and recertification information; and
- Contact you by email, mail or telephone with offers regarding new products or services or to obtain your input on Work IN Roads matters.
We may also disclose personal information about you:
- To our affiliated organizations to help them contact Work IN Roads participantsfor the sole purpose to market information about job opportunities and Continuing Education courses based on your credential.
- To administrators, governmental agencies, offices or departments and contractors;
- To third parties we use to support our operations;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Work IN Roads, users of our services, or others; and/or
- Otherwise with your consent.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, please note that the electronic transmission of information via the internet or electronic storage is not, and cannot be, entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Accessing and Changing Your Information
You can review and change the personal information associated with your account by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page. We may not accommodate a change of information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your personal information is yours and you have rights over it, including but not limited to:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- The right of access to your personal information and any supplementary information;
- The right to have any errors in your personal information rectified;
- The right to have your personal information erased. This would apply if (i) your personal information is no longer required for the purposes set forth above; or (ii) you withdraw your agreement and consent as to our collection, use and sharing of your personal information and in conjunction therewith, cancel our services.
- The right to object to, block or suppress the processing of your personal data. This would apply if (i) your personal information is no longer required for the purposes set forth above; or (ii) you withdraw your agreement and consent as to our collection, use and sharing of your personal information and in conjunction therewith, cancel our services.
- The right to move, copy, or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another;
- Rights related to automated decision-making (i.e., where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e., where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
To manage your data, you can contact us via email with any requests that you may have.
While we do not hold personal data any longer than we need to, the duration will depend on your relationship with us.
Facebook (Visitor Action Pixel)
We use the “visitor action pixels” from Facebook Inc (1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA, or, if you are based in the EU, Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Facebook”)) on our website.
This allows user behavior to be tracked after they have been redirected to the provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, i.e. we do not see the personal data of individual users. However, this data is stored and processed by Facebook, which is why we are informing you, based on our knowledge of the situation. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. You can allow Facebook and its partners to place ads on and off Facebook. A cookie may also be stored on your computer for these purposes.
The legal basis for the use of this service is Art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR. You can object to the collection of your data by Facebook pixel, or to the use of your data for the purpose of displaying Facebook ads by contacting the following address: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads.
Facebook is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus guarantees compliance with European data protection legislation (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active).
We use Google Analytics only with IP anonymization enabled. This means that Google will truncate the IP address of users within Member States of the European Union or in other states that are party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and truncated there.
The IP address transmitted by the user’s browser is not merged with other Google data. Users can prevent cookies from being stored by adjusting the settings to their browser software accordingly.
The legal basis for the use of this service is Art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR. Users can prevent the collection of data generated by cookies by downloading and installing the browser plug-in that is available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
If you visit our website using a mobile device, you can deactivate Google Analytics by clicking on the following link: Click here.
A transmission of your data to the USA cannot be excluded.
Google is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus guarantees compliance with European data protection legislation (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active).
Google Marketing Services
We use the marketing and re-marketing services of Google. These services allow us to display advertisements in a more targeted manner in order to present advertisements of interest to users. Through remarketing ads and products are displayed to users relating to an interest established by activity on other apps within the Google Network. For these purposes, a code is used by Google when our app is accessed and what are referred to as (re)marketing tags are incorporated into the app. With their help, an individual cookie, i.e. a small file, is stored on the user’s device (comparable technologies may also be used instead of cookies). This file records which apps users have visited, which content they are interested in and which offers have been used. In addition, technical information about the browser and operating system, referring apps, the length of the visit as well as any additional data about the use of the online products and services are stored. The IP address of users is also recorded, although we would like inform you that within the framework of Google Analytics, IP addresses within Member States of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area are truncated.
All user data will only be processed as pseudonymous data. Google does not store any names or e-mail addresses. All displayed ads are therefore not displayed specifically for a person, but for the owner of the cookie. This information is collected by Google and transmitted to and stored by servers in the USA.
One of the Google marketing services we use is the online advertising program Google AdWords. In the case of Google AdWords, each AdWords customer receives a different conversion cookie. Cookies can therefore not be tracked through the apps of AdWords customers. The information collected by the cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. AdWords customers see the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, they will not receive any information that personally identifies users.
The legal basis for the use of this service is Article Art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR. If you wish to object to interest-based advertising by Google marketing services, you can do so using the settings and opt-out options provided by Google: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences.
A transmission of your data to the USA cannot be excluded.
Google is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus guarantees compliance with European data protection legislation(https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active).
We are Work IN Roads and our address is One N. Capitol Ave., Suite 1000, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204. You can contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or by telephone at (317) 634-7547.